Department of Fisheries Resources and Management
Major areas of Research
- Management of coastal fisheries.
- Management of inland fisheries.
- Biology and appraisal of commercially important fisheries.
- Fisheries assessment and planning.
- Fish stock assessment.
- Coastal fisheries dynamics.
- Impact assessment of human activates on resource characteristics.
- Remote sensing and geographical information system (GIS).
- Responsible fisheries.
- Potential fishing zone (PFZ) and its validation.
- Trophic ecology and modeling.
- Fish and shellfish biodiversity of rivers, estuaries and seas.